Something or someone that gets you through, Turning the page, Out in the rain, A campfire or cowboy song, A hat, Any colour but blue, A number
It’s hard to believe but the Great Canadian Song-Along is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. Song-Along is Ottawa’s annual songwriting and performance event. The event is organized by Writers’ Bloc and presented by the Spirit of Rasputin’s Arts Society.
Here’s the deal:
- Write a NEW song on one or more of the topics below, and
- Sign up to perform that song and one other song of your choice
The event will be held at the funky new Le Michel-Ange Café, located at 35 Laurel. Le Michel-Ange Café is a coffee roasting warehouse / café located in Little Italy. Check it out at www.lemichelange.ca
Performance dates are Friday March 9 and Saturday March 10, starting at 7:00 pm
Now…the topics for 2012
- (something/someone) that gets you through
- turning the page
- out in the rain
- a campfire or cowboy song
…plus three bonus anniversary topics…
- a hat (a topic from Year 1)
- any colour but blue (the most popular of all past Song-Along topics)
- a number (because this is the 20th Song-Along)
I hope you are inspired. If you would like to participate, write a NEW song on any of these topics, and contact:
- Tony Turner 613-798-0365 / email@example.com , or
- Greg Kelly 613-680-6163 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you tell us the night you would like to perform. Feel free to collaborate in songwriting / or your performance. If the performer is someone other than the writer, that’s fine. Just let us know closer to the event.
That’s it. We hope you can join in.